Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ready for Summer?

I love this picture of my guys and it makes me think of summer. I am sooo ready for some warm weather and sunshine. I have always thought that spring is my favorite season but I am beginning to think it is summer. As we planted flowers and veggies on Sunday I found myself longing for the days in a couple months when the garden beds are overflowing with dahlias and zinnias, cosmos and gladiolus and of course zucchini, yellow squash, corn and tomatoes. I am sooo looking forward to my blueberry bushes being heavy with beautiful berries and my raspberries hopefully producing their first good crop. I can't wait to see my first rose bloom and the poppies take over the back part of the yard. I love the days of splashing in the blowup pool and running in the sprinklers. We love to eat on the deck and can't wait for the weather to be warm enough to do so. Yes, I think summer is my season of choice - it speaks life and abundant life to me!! Bring it on!

4 comments:

Angie said...

What a precious picture, Ruth! I love it...like father, like son! :)

Aus said...

Morning Ruth - yeah - summer might speak of life - but the picture speaks of LIVING!!

hugs - aus and co.

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Love the carefree feeling that photo evokes in me. Yes, spring is new life! Love it!!

Betsy said...

Love all the new pics! Isn't it nice to have some sun. We enjoyed dinner the other week. Hope to see you again soon!