Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Our Sweet Girl!

For those of you that have had the privilege of meeting our sweet Anna, you know she is a feisty girl! She is full of life and energy! She has been a challenge in our lives to be sure - but a good challenge.
Since her brother came home there have been even more challenges with jealousy and sharing. These things are normal and to be expected. But over the last three months I have seen a beautiful side of our little girl emerging as well.
She has the most compassionate little heart. She hates to see her brother, or anyone else for that matter, cry (although more often than not she is the reason he is crying :-) ). She does not like anyone to be sad.
Another beautiful thing I have seen developing in her is a very grateful spirit. She loves to say please and thank you (at home). She says thank you to me for almost everything I do for her including changing her diaper and strapping her in her booster or carseat. I love to hear her say, "Thank you, Mom" and I get to hear her say it several times every day!
Another thing that happened yesterday that I just love was over their arguing. A couple weeks ago they started taking turns saying the meal time prayer. The last couple days they had started arguing about whose turn it was even before they got to the table. I solved it by saying the prayer myself for a day. Yesterday morning, Annalynn got up to the table for breakfast and looked sweetly at me and said, "AJ's turn to pray". I was so overwhelmed by her understanding the problem and so nicely deferring to her brother.
There is so much gold in her little heart and it makes the hard times with her easier when I have those sweet moments to look back on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is one smart cookie, and beautiful to boot :)!

Ohilda said...

She definitely is so beautiful! How wonderful that you are seeing how beautiful she is on the inside also.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful spirit your princess has. And that is a gorgeous photo of her too!

Anonymous said...

yes, she is very beutiful,both outside and inside. So nice she is being semsitive to AJ and his needs. Gram

Karmen and Greg said...

It's so nice to hear about how Annalynn is blossoming! What a beautiful little girl! I'm so glad she has such a great Mom to help her become that beautiful little person inside and out!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Beauty on the inside and out! It is wonderful when you catch little glimpses into who they will be one day. I have a very polite little one and although I am always responding to her politeness, I just don't know where it came from!! Amazing!