Saturday, October 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged



I've been tagged by Donna at Handsful. I am supposed to tell you 7 random or weird facts about me - I have been working on this post for a few days and it was hard to come up with these things. I guess I am a pretty normal, boring person so there is not to much weird about me. (Maybe my family and friends would disagree and if you can think of something weird about me you can leave it in the comments - just be nice :-) )



When I cut or wash lettuce my nose twitches like a rabbit - no lie!! We eat very few salads at our house because I hate the feeling!

I have eaten elephant burgers, python steaks, and roasted termites.

I like my coffee in a particular coffee cup - if I am at someone elses house I like to see my choices and pick my cup -

I only like bananas on my oatmeal and I only like my oatmeal with a banana. When there is only one banana left in the house for breakfast I get at least half for my oatmeal. (This is a new thing with me - I did not eat oatmeal until recently (this year) and now eat it almost every morning)

I love to cook but if a recipe has to long a list of ingredients I won't try it. I would say 10 ingredients is about my limit :-) Most of my cooking is inspired by recipes but then created to suit my tastes. I can usually read a recipe and tell whether it will be good or not and am famous for trying out new recipes on guests.

I can't go to sleep without a warm bath - this is a new thing as well and started when my back was really bad earlier in the year and now I think has turned into a little addiction :-) I have tried to break the habit but just can't seem too!

I HATE snakes!!! I will not go near the reptiles at the zoo. I grew up with bad ones (pythons, black mambas and cobras) literally in my back yard and want nothing to do with them now - even a garter snake will send me running and screaming.

I am supposed to tag 7 people but I have seen this tag on most of the blogs I read already so if you haven't done it and you are reading my blog - consider yourself tagged :-) Leave me a comment so I can check yours out.

4 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Ruth - Wow! Elephant burgers, python steaks, and roasted termites???? I am assuming this was from your days in Africa. Yikes! I have no problems with snakes and have removed a few from my basement and garage - but no cobras or pythons so far. When I am visiting the west coast, you are welcome to my snake removal services, free of charge. :o)

Anonymous said...

That's a good list - funny about your nose twitching! :-)

Karmen said...

You are one funny girl, Ruth! ;)

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Nice list!! I agree on the snake bit, hate all of them!! When my dd was in India she had to watch out for cobras and saw lots of nest in the countryside. EWE!!

I just did this little question/weird thing on my blog. :)