Saturday, April 18, 2009

Socks and a Little Ham

Anna and AJ got their hair trimmed yesterday. My stylist curled Anna's hair and it was still holding the curl today. Has anyone ever put their hair up in socks? We used to do it when I lived in Africa and I don't know if it was just something that someone just came up with because we didn't have curlers or was/is that a thing to do with your hair. I suspect that now a days with curling irons etc. putting your hair up on Saturday night is not such a big deal as it was in my younger years :-) But ... all that aside I got a wild hair :-) to put Anna's hair in socks tonight. She thought it was the funniest thing she had ever heard or seen and just turned into a complete ham. After I put a couple in and she realized what I was doing she said, "Mommy, socks are for my feet not my hair" It was so cute :-)
After our story and prayers tonight she started posing for the camera. She wanted to do it over and over again. I have NEVER had her want to pose for the camera before so I was snapping away and just dying laughing because she was being soooo funny. Soon her brother came out and she started doing belly flops over him (I have a short video and will try and upload it later) Anyway, we finally got her settled back down a little and daddy gave them a ride to bed as you can see in the last picture. I will post pictures of her hair tomorrow - hopefully I won't have to wash it and start over before church in the morning :-)








This one is our favorite :-)





2 comments:

Aus said...

What a lot of fun - just family stuff - ain't it the best?

hugs - aus and co.

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

My mom used to put my hair up in rags or strips of cloth! My girls have tried it too. :) It's a lot less painful to sleep on and less damaging to the hair, especially the baby hair. She looks very sweet with some curls!!