Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Hunt

We thought we were going to have to have our egg hunt inside this year but the weather did cooperate long enough for us to head outside and hide and hunt. The older teenagers opted to hide the eggs this year and let the younger ones hunt (3-12 year olds) We did not put candy in the eggs this year and it was a challenge to come up with things small enough to put in the eggs. My sister and I both cashed in our penny jars and put money in some of the eggs.
Lest you think that our poor children did not get any candy for Easter we made these cute cupcakes for dessert. None of the adults in my family eat dessert so we enjoy making special desserts for the kids. I got this idea from Bakerella - she has some other adorable things on her site. I love to look at all the fun ideas!
The hunt has begun! Love the boots but that is the preferred footwear for our backyard :-)



Showing off the haul!


Checking out the loot!



4 comments:

Aus said...

Glad you guys had a Happy Easter - it is really WAY more important than the Christmas celebration! Blessings on you guys and all your family!

hugs -

aus and co.

Kelly and Matt said...

Looks like they had a good time! They are both getting so big :o)

Kim said...

Thanks Ruth- It looks like you all had a fun Easter! I am looking forward to catching up on all of the posts I have missed! Love, Kim

Tammigirl said...

Your cupcake baskets are adorable! I was afraid to try them because they looked like they required actual talent, which I do not have. I made babycuppies instead. Still Bakerella inspired, but simple enough for even me.

If you want to see them:

http://funnelfullofsoup.blogspot.com