Friday, September 11, 2009

O Happy Day!!

If you have followed my blog for very long you have seen the story of my nephew, Brian, unfold. Back in June 2007 he proposed to his wife via phone from Iraq. Then in 2008 he came home for awhile and they were married. He deployed again this year and Aly was about 7 months pregnant when he left - he was there by phone again when Jack was born on April 24th.
Yesterday he came home for a little R&R and got to meet his son for the first time! Can you imagine the joy and excitement! He gave me permission to share these pictures with you. I cried when I saw them - he has waited so long to see his little guy (who by the way looks JUST like his daddy did at that age!!)
So happy for Brian, Aly and Jack. Though they will be separated again soon it will not be long until he is back with his family permanently and what a happy day that will be!




On another note - another nephew deployed this week. Please pray for safety for Nathan and peace for his family. Troy and I have 4 active duty nephews and they have all been deployed or are getting ready to deploy again. Every day I am grateful for their sacrifice and that of all of our service people around the world!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these pictures and for honoring our military (and your 4 nephews) in this way. It'll sure be fun when Brian, Aly and Jack can all meet the Portland family!! :)

Aus said...

Some great pictures - glad that they had that time! Prayers will continue for those that serve!

hugs - aus and co.

Unknown said...

That is truly a happy day. Yea for this family. We are grateful for their sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ruth!

Kelly and Matt said...

Awww, they looked so cute together!
Do you have addresses for your nephews for cards and things? Would love to send them stuff if it's okay. Will continue to keep them in my prayers :o)

a portland granny said...

What a great day that must have been for your nephew to see his baby for the first time!! I know you were thrilled for him.

It is very sobering to have four nephews in service these days. What great guys to be willing to serve their country during these times of unrest and evil so prevelent in our world!

Anonymous said...

Did I mention how glad I am you are blogging again!