"The most important lesson we can learn is how to pray. Indeed, we must pray so that our prayers take hold of God. The man who has done the most and the best praying is the most immortal, because prayers do not die. Perhaps the lips that uttered them are closed in death, or the heart that felt them may have ceased to beat, but the prayers live before God, and God's heart is set on them. Prayers outlive the lives of those who uttered them - outlive a generation, outlive an age, outlive a world.
Prayer is not fitful, short-lived thing. It is no voice crying unheard and unheeded in the silence. It is a voice that goes into God's ear, and it lives as long as God's ear is open to holy pleas, as long as God's heart is alive to holy things."
I know that the prayers she prayed for my child were answered when God put the thought and plan in our hearts to adopt Annalynn!!! If she were here today I know that her heart would have been so happy to welcome our darling girl home and welcome her into her heart and home!
Thank you, mom, for being such a faithful person in our lives - I miss you and pray that I can be the mother to Annalynn that you were to me!!!
The first picture below is from 1964 - we were just home from Africa and the church had fixed a house up for us. The second picture was more recent - mom admiring her clematis.
3 comments:
Such a beautiful tribute to your mother.
Ruth,
I am sure that your Mom is smiling down at her beautiful granddaughter and feeling so very proud of her own daughter.
Blessings!
Ruth,
What a sweet tribute to your mom! I know that she is so proud of you as a person as well as a mommy too. It looks as if you had a great role model. :)
Post a Comment