Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Today we honor those who have lost their lives fighting for our freedom! Both Troy and I have several family members who have served in the armed forces over the years including Troy, but by God's grace we have not lost anyone in the line of duty. Today my nephew Brian is serving in Iraq and my nephew Matthew is in Afghanistan. Today I think of them and pray for their continued safety as they serve our great nation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you posted this. I wish Americans did more to honor and remember our soldiers on Memorial Day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for praying for the boys...they know they are covered in prayer and it means a lot to them.