If anyone is still checking in on us just wanted to let you know we are still here. The last couple weeks have been full. We have been getting ready for Dad's Memorial Celebration! We have all been going through our pictures and finding ones of dad throughout his life and scanning them and getting a video presentation of his life together. My brother is doing it and I saw the first two minutes of it tonight and it is going to be awesome!
The Memorial Service is Monday, August 3rd, 7 pm at Central Bible Church, 8815 NE Glisan St. if anyone reading lives in town and does not know about it yet. Our whole family will be here except my oldest sister and her husband (who are missionaries in the Philippines and said their goodbyes in May when they were here) and my nephew, Brian and his wife and son. Brian is in Iraq so will not be able to make it. It will be incredible to have so much family in one spot. I think there are 32 of us that will be here - just his kids and their families - plus there will be some other relatives as well.
The few days after the service we will be taking some day trips as a family so I am sure I will have some fun pictures to post.
Thank you to all who have prayed for us and encouraged us during this difficult season. We do rejoice that dad is in Heaven with Jesus but do miss him daily!
2 comments:
Blessings on you guys - of course we understand the busy part! We'll keep you guys in our hearts and prayers. My dad passed away about 42 years ago now, and from time to time I still miss him, and I'll even write him a letter occasionally just to keep him up to date on what I'm doing! Kind of silly - but - it also helps me get a little perspective on the difference between what I "think" is important - and what is "really" important - after all these years the old man is still helping me out!
hugs - aus and co.
What pretty colors for the blog!!! :)
I am still reading the blogs, try to catch up every couple of weeks. I need to get back to my own!!
Glad the memorial service was good and you had time with family. Keep on blogging!!!!!
Post a Comment