Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Four Years Old!!

Our sweet Anna girl turns four years old today!! She brings us so much joy and at the same time tests our patience beyond belief. I love that she is sooo compassionate. On the outside she is a tough girl but under it all she is soooo soft hearted. If her brother (or her mommy) is crying she brings us an animal to hold. She wants to make sure we are ok. Things always have to be equal for her brother. For instance, she is very bothered today that it is not AJ's birthday. She wants it to be his birthday as well. We explained that he will have his in a few days.

We have struggled for so long with her being so "shy" in public and suddenly in the last week she has not met a stranger. She wants everyone to wave to her and talks to everyone she sees. This morning she was telling a lady she had never met all about her birthday etc. 2 weeks ago she would have never done this.

The pictures below show another thing about her. Since January she has worn a dress almost every single day. The only time she has worn pants is on a couple occasions that I have insisted on it for one reason or another. The dancier and frillier the dress the better. But as you can see from the pictures below it does not mean that she acts like a little lady in her dress :-) I need to get her in a gymnastics class soon. She absolutely loves to run, jump, climb and flip.

She has brought a lot of life into our home and we cannot IMAGINE our lives without this precious gift!!! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!




5 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a wonderful milestone! Another birthday to celebrate with your sweet girlie! (I'm going to have to come see your backyard! It looks like a marvelous English garden of color)

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

What a sweetie! Happy birthday to her!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Hope the day was filled with lots of celebration and yummy treats!! Happy 4th Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
I can't believe that Annalynn will be 4. :) She's a beautiful girl, so full of life. I just know how much happiness she's brought you. Hope she has a great day!!!
Patty and Gracie Estes

Ohilda said...

Hoping your sweetie had a wonderful birthday. She's beautiful. I can't get over how long her hair is!!!!