Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sailboats and Sprouts

I found another great project on No Time for Flashcards. This is really a great site and I keep forgetting about it. I added it to my bloglines so I would remember to check it out often! She has great projects for preschool age kids and also has a section called Naptime Creations geared toward older kids when the little ones are napping. The kids loved making their sailboats today.
We were also pleasantly surprised to find our seeds sprouted today. The kids were very happy to see their seeds doing something. Just 4 short days and we are ready to watch them progress daily. I took a little walk in the back yard today and we have ALOT of work to do back there to get ready to plant. We left the yard in disarray in the fall I am afraid and will now have to do some late winter cleanup to be ready for spring. The crocuses are up and we should be seeing their pretty flowers very soon. This has seemed like a long, cold winter and I am ready for spring!! I will have to say that it is my favorite season although I enjoy the bounty and beauty of summer as well!

Here are the kids examining the seeds and their sprouts.

4 comments:

Aus said...

Crocus already? We had a couple warm days (good timing - thanks God!!) and I manage to make a temporary repair to the fish pond out front without dying of hypothermia - but we're back in the freezer now for a while. Acutally - we get one good warm thaw every winter, and it was a little late this year - generally it's in late Jan.

You guys do some cool projects - and love to see the sprouts!

hugs - aus and co.

Ohilda said...

I will definitely have to check out that new site.

I wanted to let you know that I picked up the video for the kids...they love it!!! Thank you. And also, thank you for your prayers.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Redmom2005 said...

It looks like you have two little artists on your hands! Greta job on the sail boats! That's wonderful that the seeds have sprouted! That was QUICK!!

Anonymous said...

That looks fun. Ruth, thanks for the site info!