Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Alphabet

Everything around our house lately has to do with letters of the alphabet. The kids are very aware of letters and can tell you what most of them are and their sounds. This is mostly thanks to this great video. They recognize their names and can find them in a group of name tags at their Saturday class. A few weeks ago Annalynn started "writing" letters. Everytime she would get a writing utensil in her hand she would begin to make little marks and say, "Look, mommy, A" (making the short a sound) One day she was writing and quite accidentaly, I think, made an H - she got so excited and showed it to me saying the H sound. Since then she has "perfected" her H. Today she was writing on her "draw" as they call it and came running over to the table and said, "D (the sound) Drum" and showed me her D. Sure enough there was the D. I think again she made randomly and then realized it looked like a "D". Before I know it I'm sure she will be writing. I bought a writing pad back when the "H" incident happened but clearly she was not ready yet - maybe Iwill pull it out again soon. Meanwhile, she is having fun "writing" on her "draw"
Of course, AJ had to get into the act as well so he wanted me to take a picture of his flowers. I have a cute video of him singing part of the alphabet song but cannot get it to upload. I have tried multiple times to load it directly to blogger and have tried uploading to youtube with no success. I will keep trying and if I get it uploaded will post it.
Anna and her "D" and all her other "writing"
AJ and his flowers

Annalynn's "H" - she has this one down pretty good now :-)



5 comments:

Aus said...

spontanious learning - don't you just love it when the 'light bulb' goes on?

hugs - (h sound)

aus and co.

Ohilda said...

Sooooo cute!!! We're big into letters here, too.

Ruth, what video are you referring to? I've checked out a couple of alphabet videos from the library, but they've turned out to be REAL big sleepers.

Hugs,

Ohilda

PS Thank you for your support on my blog. Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header!

Redmom2005 said...

Ruth, I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE your new blog header pictures!! Absolutely adorable!!
:)

Unknown said...

Brilliance! Gotta love those MagnaDoodles.

Anonymous said...

Very Impressive!

Ruth, I just keep thinking about your boys, Hank and Harley. truly, I am heartbroken for your sadness over Hank. I know how hard it is lose a beloved pet, and your Hank was more than a pet.
(((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))