Thursday, July 12, 2007

Chef Anna



Today I decided to be adventuresome! Annalynn got a nice apron from her Auntie J for her birthday so I decided to put it to some good use! We got a half a flat of kotata berries (they are like blackberries) with our produce order this week. They are not very sweet so begged to be made into something. There is hardly anything I like better than a good berry cobbler - so that was the assignment of the day. We donned our aprons and began! As you can imagine most of the pictures are posed although she did do a lot of the dumping, as the sugar on the floor will reveal! When it came to cutting in the shortening we had a little power struggle over the job. She felt that she could do it all herself but mommy begged to differ! She compromised on mommy helping by holding the thingy (can't think of the name of it).
She did learn the lesson that when it comes out of the oven it is hot. I told her and explained to her that it was hot - no touch, etc, but as I lifted the camera to my eye - she touched and I got a picture of her reaction. I did not post it but will keep it for future reference. Today must have been the day to learn the word hot as she did not listen when mommy told her not to walk out of the garage in her bare feet either - some lessons are just learned the hard way unfortunatley!

3 comments:

Nesting For Natalie said...

She is on her way to being a good cook like her mama!

Unknown said...

Cooking with mom. How fun! Those are simple, true memories that she'll never forget.

Leslie said...

Life leasons are always so fun....LOL. It's hard to watch sometimes, but that's how we learn. Great job Annalynn.