Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Flu and the "Pumpkin Patch"

We had a bad bout with colds, strep throat and the flu! The kids are on the mend but I am still feeling the affects. I snapped a couple pictures one day when they were sooo sick. They both had high fevers for 5 or 6 days and we were all house bound for about 10 days in all. Our only outing was one time to the doctors for the strep throat.

Because of this illness we did not get to have our usual trip to a pumpkin patch. Today at school they had a little harvest party and a "pumpkin patch" in the gym - to cold and wet to do it outside as they usually do. I guess this will be as close as they get to a pumpkin patch this year!

We have been invited to a little party at a friends house on Saturday afternoon so hopefully I will remember my camera and take some pictures in their little costumes I bought on clearance this afternoon. My very sick babies :-(



Enjoying their little party with their classmates

The "Pumpkin Patch"


My little Pumpkins!



2 comments:

Aus said...

Good morning Ruth - I was hoping things were OK - you were gone for a while - so we just offered a prayer or two! Glad to hear ya'll are on the mend - we had what sounds like the same thing - I've still got the barky cough but the rest of us are well - and yeah - we didn't make the pumpkin patch either - and I look forward to that one all year!

Rest when you need to / can - at least it's finished for a while!

hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, so sorry you guys have been so sick. We've been trough about the same and the same thing happened to us with the pumpking patch. Hope your on the mend. Maybe next year for all of us!!
Patty