Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Costumes

As promised here are pictures of our little Thoma Train and Princess. Both costumes could not have fit their personalities better and I was so excited to find them on clearance just before the big day! AJ LOVES trains and Anna LOVES anything princess.
We went to a friends house for a little harvest party on Saturday but did not stay long. Their children are a little older and AJ immediately checked out the bedrooms and came out and announced that there were no toys! He was soon shown the legos he could play with and that kept them busy for a little while. Daddy was working but managed to come by for a few minutes to get a bite to eat and watch a little football :-) When he had to go back to work he helped me get the kids back in the car and home. He's been working a lot (and believe me, we are grateful for the work) but it is hard to be out with both of them too much by myself. Now that we are all on the mend we are venturing out some however.
Can't believe it is already November. When Troy has had to work so much we told the kids that he had to make money for Christmas - we did throw all the other things in there as well - but Christmas stuck and everyday they pray for daddy at work so we can have money for Christmas. AJ's prayers in particular get quite long and involved on the subject. We do continue to emphasize that we are glad daddy has work so we have a place to live, food to eat and clothes to wear as well :-)
Another cute story - the other night Anna was sitting on Troy's lap for a bedtime story and AJ wanted to sit there as well. Anna's response to this was, "I don't feel good about two people sitting on your lap" When I hear her say things like this I immediately begin to rack my brain to think of what I might have said to make her say that :-) What they hear and repeat is amazing!



5 comments:

Aus said...

Ruth - dang the kids look just great! And good that work is picking up a bit too - always good!

Thanks for the update - glad that folks are feeling a little better!

hugs - aus and co.

Kelly and Matt said...

They are so cute! It's amazing what little sponges kids can be, lol. Thanks for shairng ;o)

Nesting For Natalie said...

CUTE!!

Kim said...

Your kids are growing and changing so! They are adorable! Miss talking to you. I hope you all have a great Holiday season ( I can't believe it's time to say that!) Love, Kim
I can't remember if I told you that we are adopting again??

Anonymous said...

Give us a post :)!

xx