Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two Years!

Two years ago today we had the most beautiful gift placed in our arms - our beautiful daughter, Annalynn. I remember waking up that morning with so much anticipation and so much wonder that I was going to become a mother!
When we got to the civil affairs office we were waiting in the lobby when we saw the nannies bringing in the children - so our first glimpse was in the lobby. Riding up in a separate elevator I was able to compose myself and be ready to hold her for the first time.
That first day was amazing - Annalynn cried for a couple minutes and then just started taking it all in.
She is an amazing, courageous, strong willed, beautiful, creative, talented and all at the same time soft hearted and nurturing child. We love her dearly and thank God so much for the gift she is to our family!







9 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

Ruth, I didn't get to follow along on that journey, so I appreciate you sharing those photos! She was a beautiful gift indeed!!

Anonymous said...

Yes she is a wondewrful gift to the family. I remeber waiting for the photos and the call that she was with you.god is good and we are all so blessed. Grams

Unknown said...

What a gift!

Betsy said...

Two years, wow. Your life is so different now and so much richer. She is a wonderful girl in a wonderful family!

Aus said...

Morning guys - wow what a memory. And some great descriptors of your lovely daughter - but from our chair they all pretty much apply to her parents too! It takes some guts to grow your family this way - and ya'll are cool!

hugs - aus and co.

Aus said...

Oh man - and I forgot to say - HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!

aus and co.

brocton14 said...

Ruth,
I remember following your journey everyday!! I was sooo touched when you got your precious daughter. I sure have loved watching all the changes in her. What a speical time for your family. Our Gracie will be home 2 years in May!!!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Ruth,

You made me cry with your comment today. Thank you!

Annalynn...Oh how I love her adorable little face in these photos (she had no idea of the life that was holding her in its arms in those days). She has bloomed into a little girl with astounding confidence with you as her mommy.

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Congratulation on this very special date for your family!! How I remember your journey as you shared with us.

Looking at Annalynn's little face I'm sure she was thinking that this was not what she had planned, but today she is a bright and sunny child from all the stories and photos you have shared. May God continue to bless you all!!