Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Big Dentist Appointment

When we brought AJ home the one thing we noticed right away that was going to need some attention was his teeth. Through a series of events AJ did not end up with dental coverage but we did not know it until we had been to two dentists and gotten an estimate of a few thousand dollars for the work that needed to be done.
One morning in church just after all this I turned to pray with a lady behind me that I had never seen before (we always sit in the same place) and I started telling her the story of his teeth etc. She stopped me not long into it and told me I did not have to worry about it because she is in the dental field and knows where we could get a scholarship to get his teeth fixed. We talked more after church and in the next few days she did all the leg work for the application etc.
About a month ago our dentist office called and told us they had been notified that we had gotten the scholarship and we could schedule his appointment.
So tomorrow is the day! We have to be at the dentist office at 6:45 am. There will be an anesethiologist there and they will put AJ out and they will fix his whole mouth. I am glad he has already been under anesethia once for his MRI and he did fine with it. I am wondering how sore he will be and for how long once he wakes up. I know these kids are tough and resiliant but I am sure he will be in some pain.
We are tired after having my dad in the hospital all week (he is home and recovering) and the kids have spent a lot of time with my brother and then my sister and their cousins. They are doing ok with all the going from place to place but I am sure hoping we have a few quiet days where they can just stay home and get back into their routine. :-)

3 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

I'm glad your dad is home recovering now!! Good luck with the dentist! That is TERRIFIC that you got the funds to do the dental work!! The good Lord always finds a way to provide, doesn't he?!!

P.S. Thank you so much for your help with FB!!

Aus said...

Glad to hear that your dad is home! Prayers and a blessing for tomorrow - I'm sure he'll bounce pretty well - but maybe grab a bottle of ibuprophen for him for the night following. I'm betting his jaw will hurt more than his teeth! Brianna ended up with 3 dental surgeries - it was always the jaw after - not the teeth or gums - even when she had to have 4 removed - the jaw was always worse.

hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Oh, little man, AJ. So glad for the dental scholarship! D bills have drowned us at times.

Ruth, sorry your daddy has been so sick.