Today I want to say a special thank you to all who have bravely served our great country in the Armed Forces! First of all I want to say thank you to my husband who served 8 years in the Air Force. We spent those years in Germany and though we enjoyed Europe we saw our family very little during this time and it was a sacrifice he chose to make. Both my dad and father-in-law served in the Army and I thank them for that.
The others in our family who have served are Terry, Bobby, and Maria (please forgive me if I have missed anyone)
Today we have 4 nephews who are serving in the Army. Two have done tours in Iraq and one is returning soon for his second tour, one has done a tour in Afghanistan and the other is serving in South Korea - though they are not veterans yet - I salute them today for their sacrifices and all they are doing to help keep America the great country it has become.
I am reminded again today, as I was last week, of the huge responsibility we have to PRAY like we never have for our country! Though many would want to do away with GOD we need Him more than ever now and little do they know that they cannot do away with Him! He is the Ever Present, All Knowing and All Powerful One!
May God continue to Bless America because of those who have served and sacrificed for this great land!
4 comments:
We honor them and pray as well. Nice post.
From my chair - I'll thank them for their service as well - Freedom is not free - but because of your service we are....a debt that can never be repaid!
aus and family
Ruth,
Thank you to your husband and to all the men and women (families included) that sacrifice so much so that we could live in the land of the free.
God bless...
Ohilda
Very nice post, Ruthie. Matt's actually a veteran as of a week or so ago! :-) Home soon from Germany!
Post a Comment