Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Christmas Tree!

Last night we put our tree up - I hate to admit it (living in a state where a large percentage of the nations Christmas trees are grown) but last year we bought a prelit artificial tree. I am one that likes ALOT of lights on my tree and frankly Troy was tired of stringing them. It was so nice to have the tree all set up and lit up in less than an hour. This morning the kids were quite surprised to find a tree in the living room although Annalynn knew it was coming. AJ was not quite sure what to think.
After a busy day of running around finishing Christmas shopping (for the most part) we got out the decorations and they had a fun time helping decorate the tree. AJ has not been feeling well and was begging to go to bed at 5:30 - so shortly after these pictures were taken they headed off to bed. We were hoping to get some dressy pictures today but Anna did not take her nap and with AJ not feeling well we decided not to push it and just settle for some fun pictures. The last one was taken after a bribe -if you sit nicely in front of the tree you will get a treat :-)



















5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those memory making, simple moments!

Redmom2005 said...

Super cute pictures!! You'll LOVE the artificial tree!! We got ours a few years ago (against my will), and I must admit that I would never go back to the real trees!! The prelit ones are FANTASTIC!! We're waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to put ours up! Isn't it great to have most of your Christmas shopping out of the way? I'm an early shopper too!! I always try to be DONE with my shopping before Thanksgiving!! I only have ONE more present to buy, and I'm buying it online (which is where I bought a good portion of our presents anyway)!! Yippee!!! Hope the kids are feeling better and recovering from their colds!
:)

Kelly and Matt said...

What cuties!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I really need to get on the ball here!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

I love the photos of the kids with the tree!! They are so cute! Christmas is fun with little ones. :)