I wanted to give a little background on the new name for our blog. As I wrote in my last post here we struggled with infertility for several years. During that time there were a few times that God really seemed to speak to me about it and give me words of encouragement and strength to get through the difficult times. If I looked back in my journals I could tell you when the following happened but having just returned from China with our second child I don't have a lot of time for reflecting back through my old journals right now :-). Somewhere along our journey God really spoke to me from Isaiah 61. In verse 7 it says, "Instead of your shame you will have a double portion, and instead of humiliation they shall shout for joy over their portion." In verse 9 it says, "Then their offspring will be known among the nations, and their descendants in the midst of the peoples. All who see them will recognize them because they are the offspring whom the Lord has blessed." In Bible times and in some cultures still today it is very shameful to not have children. Even in our western society many times women who are childless feel shame. I know for many years I did. When God spoke this to my heart I felt that He told me that someday in place of my shame He would give me two children and I felt that they would be twins. Although our children are not biological twins - in our hearts and eyes they are twins. They are only 4 days apart in age and will be raised as twins with many of the same issues and blessings that twins have. I could start preaching here but won't! I just want to say that we are doubly blessed with our two wonderful children and know that God has great things in store for them and for us through them!
9 comments:
Ruth,
Your blog looks great. I can't believe all you are doing on jet lag...get some rest girl! Your family is beautiful.
love,
erin sakryd
Yea for you and your family of four. Love the new blog name.
Your blog looks great! And you truly have been Doubly Blessed. I am so glad that you are home now and that your beautiful family is complete!
SO happy to finally be able to post to you again! I could NOT ever get to your AJ website while you were in China, even my husband tried on his wireless connection and no go. Rats! I SOOO wanted to follow your journey. Will you have your travel posts put here or still on the other site? I'd love to see your pictures. Oh well, so glad that you're home and doing so well! Kiss the kids from me!
Love the new look! You are such a blessing Ruth and I am so glad you now have your "twins"...call me for any advice on that you may need!
I love the new look! You are doubly blessed!
You are so blessed Ruth. I loved redesigning your blog. I'm glad you like it. Can't wait to see all doubly fun you guys will be having here.
Love the new look! It's so wonderful to see all four of you together finally. Your family is beautiful.
I think your new blog is the prettiest I've ever seen - seriously (and I've seen a lot!). I LOVE the new look. It's so fun and happy.
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well settling in. Can't wait to watch all the adventures coming your way!
Post a Comment