Monday, March 03, 2008

Hina Matsuri

Annalynn has a little friend, Erika, whose mother is from Japan. Today is Hina Matsuri or Girl's Day in Japan so Erika and her mommy invited some of Erika's friends over for a party. It was a lot of fun. They did some crafts and then played for little while before eating a yummy lunch. The girls ate chicken nuggets and fries while the mom's got a special pork dish, sushi rice and salad. Several of the girls (including Annalynn) were more interested with Mommy's plates than their own.

All ready to go!
Our HostessesDoing Crafts

All the little girls on the couch (or mostly on the couch)
Yummy lunch!
Mmmmmm.... dessert!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Annalynn's outfit and piggy tails!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me, I love seeing all the pictures and reading your posts. It was great seeing you and Annalynn today!

Kelly and Matt said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. Annalynn is just getting cuter and cuter. Loved her outfit!

Pamela Askew said...

Ruth,
I wish I could've come to your Hina matsuri party :) As you might recall, I am part Japanese and was born and raised there so we used to celebrate that all the time too :) We used to go to our friends house who had the doll displays (Does your Japanese friend have those?) Anyways, we were too poor for them, but it brings back memories :) Annalynn is looking so big now!

Melinda said...

Sounds like a great time! Annalynn is getting so big! I am lovin her pigtails!