There are several families in Hefei today adopting their children. As I read their blogs about getting to their hotel and finding a crib and stroller waiting I could not help but reminisce and remember that feeling one year ago today!! I got teary eyed as I read the excitement in their blogs - remembering our wonderful time as we waited through that last day before we became parents. I also got teary eyed wishing we were there becoming parents for the second time - again I have to tell myself - all in God's time!
Here is an excerpt from my journal a year ago.
"Tonight is our last night as a family of two. Tomorrow our lives will change forever – Kathy told us to try not to think about it and get some sleep! Yeah, right!! We have a 7 o’clock wake up call in the morning (hope we sleep that long!) and then meet at 9 am to go and get Annalynn!!!!!! Wow! Just a few short hours!"
Here are a couple of pictures from that day - 1 year ago!


Here actual 1 year isn't until the 19th but it was on this Sunday/Monday a year ago. More about our first year then!
1 comment:
Happy 1 year anniversary Annalynn. I so remember following your Mama and Daddy to you. And just wait till you meet your little brother...he is just as adorable as you are!
Post a Comment