Sophie over at
Boomama is hosting a
Christmas Tour of Homes so I decided to join in so I could show a few of my favorite Christmas things. This Christmas is very special at our house as it is the first one with a child. After 24 Christmas' without children this will truly be a Christmas to remember! Christmas through the eyes of a two year old is really amazing! We look forward to next Christmas when we will have both of our beautiful children home with us!

This is our precious little girl in front of the tree!

Here is a full shot of our Christmas tree! This is the first year that we have had an artificial tree. Our reasons for it are many - and I will have to say it was sure a lot easier to decorate.

This is a very special Nativity scene that my mother made many years ago. She made one for each of her children for their families. I am so glad I have it but sad this year that she is not here to see my children. She prayed so many years for us to have children and I know those prayers were answered when we adopted Annalynn!

This is our family room tree. We started this tradition a few years ago when I wanted to have a more formal tree in the living room. It has all our fun ornaments - most of them are from our years living in Germany. Under the tree is a great Fisher Price nativity set that we found this year. I collect nativity scenes and I think I will do a separate post on them.

Our mantle has more nativity scenes and also some of our snowman collection sits on the floor.

We have many, many snowmen and just a few are displayed here. Annalynn is totally enamored with snowmen and has a few favorites she drags around the house.

This is just a little of my Waechtersbach collection. We were able to go to the factory when we lived in Germany and get quite a few "seconds" quite inexpensively.

Most of these pieces and the angel plate in the picture above are ones I was able to collect when I sold Southern Living at Home. I love the white plate as you can write on it with dry erase markers.

These are our dogs! Not really, we have real ones :-) but thought they were cute with their Christmas ribbons.
Thanks for stopping by and today I am serving these yummy Holiday Morning Rolls. I tried them out this past weekend and I think I will be making them my Christmas morning tradition. They are super simple to put together the night before and then pop them in the oven the next morning! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
Holiday Morning Rolls
20 frozen Rhodes Rolls
3 ounce package butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
Cinnamon
Place 1/2 of the rolls in a well greased bundt pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of pudding powder. Melt butter and sugar, pour half of mixture over rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat. Let rise uncovered on counter overnight.Bake in 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes. Invert onto plate and serve immediately.
8 comments:
Love the dogs!!! I really do....but
the top portrait of that gorgeous smile is tops.
My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY
what a beautiful little girl you have, and your home is lovely. Thanks for the tour.
Merry Christmas
We also lived in Germany!! We were stationed in Nurenburg when it was still a base! How neat! I love your Christmas china!
DARLING little girl! I love the gold ribbons on your tree. And...the dogs--too cute! Merry Christmas!
Ruth, We share some of the same love of things! I have a snowmen collection, I collect Nativity sets and plan to get the FP one for Emma, if I can find it! I had some of that red Wes...collection, but gave up on it and gave it away, last year!! I think I still have the cake plate. :) Love you ribbons on the tree and basically everything! :)
Wendy
Those stockings are darling! Thanks for sharing!
I love the red angel star plate...and the dogsare wonderful :) thanks for inviting me in.
bonniebeth
What a cozy home you have!!! I'm coming over...LOL.
Love the snowman collection. I think I am going to start collecting them next year. I have about 5 or 6 now.
I mainly collect Santa's, villages and water globes.
So you used to live in Germany? That's where me and my DH are right now. He's in the Army.
I love the ornaments from the Kathe Wolfhart stores...they may not be cheap but they sure are something to remember Germany by.
Where were you and your husband at?
We are in Darmstadt which is getting ready to close.
Well Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!!
Post a Comment