Sunday, June 24, 2007
Catching Up!
I haven't had much time to blog this week so combining a few events. On Daddy's day off the weather was very warm so we pulled out the blow up pool! Annalynn loved it and enjoyed splashing around with Daddy! I was sitting on the chair with my feet in the pool and when I got up to take pictures she wanted to sit there. She copies everything we do. It can be pretty funny but you sure think about what you are doing!
Saturday we had our Annual International Picnic at church. Troy and I are the events coordinator for the International district so we got to plan the event! We sure enjoy it! A lot of the events etc were delegated out - but we did all the food purchasing and cooking. We cooked almost 80 pounds of chicken thighs, marinated by one of our Indonesian ladies, 120 hamburgers and 120 hotdogs. Everyone else brought the side dishes. We had Brianni rice from India, Pad Thai noodles from Laos, beans and tortillas from several Latin American countries, fried rice from Indonesia and Malaysia, rice and chicken from Uganda, awesome desserts from the Marshall Islands and Romania and many other wonderful dishes. I have yet to add up the countries represented but I would estimate we had at least 20 different countries represented and around 300 to 350 people present! It was our largest turnout yet for one of these picnics and a huge success!! This week I will record what we did and think about ways to improve and what to keep the same.
Annalynn keeps us laughing. Yesterday she had short naps in the car while I was running errands off and on and so on the way home from the picnic she put on her hat and sunglasses and we thought she had fallen asleep. We talked about her going to sleep and how tired she must be. We went on to talk about other things for a couple of minutes and then all of a sudden there was this hillarious laughing from the back seat. She had been pretending the whole time and what made it so funny was how long she waited to let us in on her secret! We laughed so hard and she sure thought she was funny (which of course she was :-) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Annalynn is hillarious! I can't believe she did that napping trick :)!!
Aunt Amy
I have followed your journey since you went to China. Our girl is from Anhui as well. She was in LuAn CWI about 2 hrs west of Hefei. So glad to see all is well. She is growing so fast. She seems to get cuter everyday, did you notice that?
shelley
www.finishingourfamilyfromchina.blogspot.com
Post a Comment